Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ways I Am Blessed...Part 1...

10 Ways I Am One Blessed Girl, In No Particular Order
Number One: I have world-class best friends.
This is probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. I found it again today, and it brought such warmth to my heart. We have soaked each other's shoulders in tears. We have wiped away pure joy from our own eyes at each other's weddings (one of us barely got through a reading during a ceremony :). They watched my daughter come into the world. She calls them "aunties". We have cried when one of us was leaving to go out of the country for a couple weeks (ie: Andrea leaving on her honeymoon...or these photos...)
We have been inexplicably proud of each other's accomplishments. We've had our moments. But I think we've balanced each other out. We've grown up. I still need them.

Here's to you two. I love you forever.

2 comments:

ARM said...

Love YOU forever! I seriously couldn't do life without you guys...

P.S. If I remember correctly, one of us cried a little less than the rest when honeymoon time came. In fact, I recall comforting the two of you, reminding you that I'd see you in less than ten days, this wasn't the end of the world and that you'd make it just fine until I came home. :) Okay, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. But just a bit.

Rebekah said...

I know God exists when I look at both of you. Just as he brought us the most perfect-for-us mates, he knit our hearts together and used us to sharpen and shape each others lives. You are my friends, my loves, my home.

And yes, we DID cry a little more than Andi on her wedding night...but only because we were so full of wifely-wisdom and maturity...we knew her life would never be the same....and we weren't going to see her for 10 days :).